Below is a list of some of the services available in New Zealand that offer support, information and help. All services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week unless otherwise specified.
• Emergency Services - 111
• 1737, need to talk? - Text or Call 1737 – This is New Zealand’s new national mental health & addictions helpline number. The 4-digit number is free to text or call anytime to talk with a trained counsellor, who are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
• Lifeline – 0800 543 354 or (09) 5222 999 within Auckland
• Healthline – 0800 611 116
• Samaritans – 0800 726 666
• Gambling Helpline – 0800 654 655
• Depression Helpline – 0800 111 757 or free text 4202 (to talk to a trained counsellor about how you are feeling or to ask any questions)
• www.depression.org.nz – includes The Journal online help service
• SPARX.org.nz – online e-therapy tool provided by the University of Auckland that helps young people learn skills to deal with feeling down, depressed or stressed
Domestic Violence - Where to go for help or more information:
• Women's Refuge: Free national crisis line operates 24/7 - 0800 refuge or 0800 733 843
• Shine, free national helpline 9am- 11pm every day - 0508 744 633
• It's Not Ok: Information line 0800 456 450
• Shakti: Providing specialist cultural services for African, Asian and Middle Eastern women and their children. Crisis line 24/7 0800 742 584
• White Ribbon: Aiming to eliminate men's violence towards women
Sexuality or gender identity helpline
• OUTLine NZ – 0800 688 5463 (OUTLINE) provides confidential telephone support
Helplines for children and young people
• What's Up – 0800 942 8787 (for 5–18 year olds). Phone counselling is available Monday to Friday, 1pm–10pm and weekends, 3pm–10pm. Online chat is available 7pm–10pm daily.
• Kidsline – 0800 54 37 54 (0800 kidsline) for young people up to 18 years of age. Open 24/7.
Help for parents, family and friends
• Commonground – a website hub providing parents, family, whānau and friends with access to information, tools and support to help a young person who is struggling
• Parent Help – 0800 568 856Make Enquiry ▸
“Thank you Brent and the team at Capri Sanctuary for making me feel I can have a life worth living, and providing me with the tools and resources to deal with life's problems. ” — MH (Warkworth)
“I came to Capri Sanctuary with some complex issues and my stay has changed my life! I left feeling confident in myself and happier than ever. Everything was perfect during my stay.” — DG (Hawkes Bay)
“A Wonderful experience, I wish the Sanctuary had been available to me many years ago. I'm leaving a totally different person compared to who I was when I arrived. Thank you Brent and the team. Highly recommended. ” — SG (Melbourne, Australia)